Effective date : April 01st 2018. All production after April 01st should follow new standard QB/T 2955-2017, production before April 01st are ok to follow old standard QB/T 2955-2008.
Details of QB/T 2955-2017 :
1) Children's Shoes Safety Technical Specification, and 2) the General Safety Requirements for Footwear.
The deadline is September 16, 2018. The GB standard of children's shoe safety is to be integrated from the original GB25036-2010 and GB30585-2014, and the general safety requirements for footwear is a newly established GB standards. It means there would be two mandantory standards for footwear, 1 for children shoes and another for general shoes.
In order to promote the implementation of the new standards and deepen the understanding and discussion of the new standards, the Secretariat of the Leather Standards Committee held three standard publicity meetings in Shanghai, Shenzhen and Beijing. CTC conducted in-depth technical exchanges with relevant experts in Shanghai and Beijing.
Typical topic : How to understand the effective date (September 1st 2018) of these new standards ?
However, these standards are “QB/T” therefore not Mandatory standards. If label indicates the old standard for those production date after September 1st products, spot checking team will then apply tests follow old standard, but will inform the brands/stores to update to the new version. Policy might be changed from time to time, however, it is always better to follow new standard.
QB/T 2922 – 2018 Shocking impact resistance – new equipment :
CTC was already equipped with the most updated machine to satisfy new standard QB/T 2922, QB/T 1333, QB/T 2155.
Main update of QB/T 1333–2018 Handbag and Knapsack
QB/T 1333-2018 : Handbag – major updates of “shocking impact” requirements (test method follow QB/T 2922-2018):
1. Cancelled the "superior product" level requirement.
2. Changed the specified loading per “volume”(method follow QB/T 5083-2017 Volume Measurement) andnot per “dimension (which is not reasonable)” anymore, see below 2018 details :
3. No need to check after testing the “<30% deformation of strap loop" anymore
4. Exemption. No need to test if the "un-fixed" external length (perimeter) of the strap/handle is less than 120mm, see below an example (measure the length from point A to B).
5. Exemption. No need to test the folded bag,“folded bag” means an "easy to fold and very light bag", seeexamples below. Normally very thin fabric with single layer and easy to be folded to a small pack (eg: shopping bag).
6. Exemption. If there're both single strap and double strap stitched to the same point, then no need to testthe single strap, only test double strap.
7. New request, if there is a "bag in bag" design, and if the inner bag has completely individual con-structure and components (with strap, handle..) which could be treated as individual bag during daily use, should then apply shocking impact testing separately for the inner bag. See below example.
CTC propose enterprises or manufacturers to improve the quality control of products, to be conformed with the quality requirements of new standards.